advantages of wearing
The Contact Lens Service offers the newest innovations in contact lens materials and care systems to provide optimum vision correction, comfort, and corneal health. Daily, extended and continuous wear contact lenses are available.
Our doctors prescribe specialty contact lenses for:
- corneal reshaping
- corneal disease
- ocular cosmesis
We recommend annual comprehensive eye evaluations for all patients who wear contact lenses.
You can request an appointment online with our request an appointment page or please contact us by phone at 614-292-2020.
Steps Contact lens wearers should follow to help prevent eye infections:
- Schedule regular eye examinations.
- See your eye care professional immediately if you experience symptoms of eye infection such as redness, pain, excessive tearing, increased light sensitivity, blurry vision, and/or sensation of something in the eye.
- Remove contact lenses before any activity involving contact with water, including showering, using a hot tub, or swimming.
- Wash hands with soap and water and dry them before handling contact lenses.
- Clean contact lenses according to the manufacturer guidelines and instructions from your eye care professional.
- Use fresh cleaning or disinfecting solution each time lenses are cleaned and stored. Never reuse or top off old solutions.
- Never use saline solution or rewetting drops to disinfect lenses.
- Wear and replace contact lenses according to the schedule prescribed by your eye care professional.
- Store lenses in their proper storage case.
- Storage cases should be irrigated with sterile contact lenses solution and left open to dry.
- Replace storage cases at least once every three months.